Signed Cover Art

If you'd like to receive a signed cover art postcard, email me at isobael at gmail dot com. Include your name and mailing address and I'll get them in the mail to you.

August 14, 2009

WOW...

And no, it's not about World of Warcraft.

I just received a full beta read and critique on WiP#1. Can we say, "Oh, wow"?!? It's very daunting, to say the least. I alternate between jumping for joy and sinking deep into despair at the mere thought of having to revise and edit so much of the work.

I suppose all first time writers go through this. The honey moon is over, aspiring author, now the real work begins!

I LOVED the feedback and critiques though. It's very in your face and to the point, but not all negative. It definitely points out where I need to work.

One advice I was given:

Declare war and eliminate the following words & phrases:
-was
-were
-suddenly
-then
-and then
-with that

It was highlighted in my manuscript and I definitely could see the overuse of those words.

This website was pointed out to me. I'll share it with you. I also printed it out to hang on my wall so I can remind myself. =)
Allen Guthrie's Infamous Writing Tips

Daunting, but I'm determined to make this story SHINE!

1 comments:

Cking said...

the link takes you to a forum...

Post a Comment