Suitably titled, I think.
What started out as a great idea and filled with the excitement I normally get when I write, I began my second work.
Life interrupted. It got put on the back burner to simmer. When I managed to come back to it, I reread to catch up on what I had and HATED everything after chapter two.
I just could not figure out WHY.
So, chatting with my peer editor and my own personal Jiminy Cricket when it comes to writing, Connie suggested I send her what I had and she'd take a look.
Lo and behold, the fresh eyes found the problem.
I had no discernible conflict and no obvious motives for the actions.
So, back to the drawing board. Actually, white board. =)
I wrote out the main characters. Four of them. Two Protagonists and one Antagonist, with one that is serving as both.
I then listed out what their conflicts and motivations were.
From there, and three hours later, I had a working outline for the story.
My next step will be to go back and see what I have already written and start cutting. I'll keep what works with the new outline and the rest will be deleted.
Thanks, Connie! And get well soon! =)