Signed Cover Art

If you'd like to receive a signed cover art postcard, email me at isobael at gmail dot com. Include your name and mailing address and I'll get them in the mail to you.

August 24, 2009

WiP#2 - Bleh!

Suitably titled, I think.

What started out as a great idea and filled with the excitement I normally get when I write, I began my second work.

Life interrupted. It got put on the back burner to simmer. When I managed to come back to it, I reread to catch up on what I had and HATED everything after chapter two.

I just could not figure out WHY.

So, chatting with my peer editor and my own personal Jiminy Cricket when it comes to writing, Connie suggested I send her what I had and she'd take a look.

Lo and behold, the fresh eyes found the problem.

I had no discernible conflict and no obvious motives for the actions.

*Sigh*

So, back to the drawing board. Actually, white board. =)

I wrote out the main characters. Four of them. Two Protagonists and one Antagonist, with one that is serving as both.

I then listed out what their conflicts and motivations were.

From there, and three hours later, I had a working outline for the story.

My next step will be to go back and see what I have already written and start cutting. I'll keep what works with the new outline and the rest will be deleted.

Thanks, Connie! And get well soon! =)

1 comments:

Cking said...

Any time!

I'm starting to feel a bit better, but my sleep schedule is WAY off now, teehee. On the plus side, I think I'll be putting it back on track tonight (since I was up until 3am this morning).

Post a Comment