Today's blog post...a picture of me and 15 interesting facts.
1. I love tea. I love tea ceremonies, and the Victorian afternoon teas. I collect loose leaf teas and tea paraphernalia. I'll even put on afternoon teas for the family or close friends, cooking and baking the treats for tea.
2. I am a licensed falconer. Currently, I fly a Harris Hawk named Keeva.
3. I still listen to the music of my childhood - the 80's. =) I dislike modern music and prefer New Wave, Goth, and Electronica from the 80's. Sirius XM Satellite radio has been the best thing since sliced bread to feed my need for music.
4. I'm spiritual, not religious. I prefer a more Earth based, natural spirituality, without the pomp and circumstance and all the trappings organized religion calls for. I have less rules, less scare tactics, less punishment, less guilt.
5. I love to record EVPs. I'm not part of any ghost hunting group, due to time constraints and lack of local groups, but I do record EVPs on my own and have some great responses.
6. Along the lines of #5, I am a firm believer of spirits, ghosts, and the afterlife. I've had too many personal experiences and family stories to not believe.
7. I LOVE to roleplay. I used to do it all the time, but life got in the way and now, I just reread the logs to get my fix.
8. I adore fountain pens. I own one, use it occasionally, but I will window shop for them. The bolder the better, to write with.
9. I used to be terrified of cemeteries. Really. One day, our neighbor who was watching my siblings and me, stopped by a local cemetery and I refused to get out of the car at first. After some coaxing (about 30 minutes of such), she finally got me out of the car and made a game of who can find the oldest headstone. I think that hour of wandering the headstones clinched my paranormal obsession.
10. I am introverted. I also have social anxiety and Depression. There are days you couldn't drag me out of the house, and some days I feel all right enough to leave the house for socializing. I do not like to go to a strange place to meet strangers without having a support buddy with me, usually a close friend I know and trust, or my husband, present for the first few times.
11. I can't dance. Really...I suck at it. I look like a floundering, beached whale.
12. I collect Guan Yin statues and artwork.
13. Eventually, my office will be turned into a Victorian-esque parlour, for not only writing, but for reading and relaxing, complete with tea cabinet and kettle for serving tea.
14. I collect boxes. Those boxes that look like books. Boxes to put things in and organize with.
15. I can trace my paternal side of the family back to the 1100's.