Signed Cover Art

If you'd like to receive a signed cover art postcard, email me at isobael at gmail dot com. Include your name and mailing address and I'll get them in the mail to you.

April 22, 2018

Still pecking away at the keyboard.

Completely gutted the last two chapters I've written (seven and eight) of my WIP in order to walk it back and change directions.
Decided the two characters would not have been ready for romantic moment; my heroine was in a weak mind space and the hero wasn't ready to move past his own goals and plots.
He doesn't know it yet, but he's going to come to a rude awakening if he doesn't straighten up.

Still trying to establish his thoughts and his mindset. He's not easy to write. I have an image of him, and how he is, but converting this into written form is difficult.

Basically, he's an arrogant ass - but he has good reason to be. So, I need to make him more...hmm...not sinister, but along those lines. He's not evil, but he's the type to figure out what use you'd be to him before he lets you into his circle. Right now, he's plotting, but I don't think he realizes the trouble just yet with his plan.

Right now, my heroine is the key to his success, and they're both fighting it. There's attraction and suspicion, and soon there will be trouble, and a reckoning for him if he can't figure this out.

I'm not happy with the current word count. I might have to take a break from writing in order to go back and see what can be done to add to it in the individual chapters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment