Signed Cover Art

If you'd like to receive a signed cover art postcard, email me at isobael at gmail dot com. Include your name and mailing address and I'll get them in the mail to you.

April 5, 2018

I'm back, and I'm alive.

After a year of silence, I'm back.

The past year has been difficult, with my depression and social anxiety. I've also seemed to have lost a friend I thought was close.

Ghosting hurts, people. Don't do it unless there's a real good reason - like they're toxic and you fear for your life, or something.

This wasn't the case, and I'm not sure what I did or said, but I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I suck as a person if I can't keep friends.

February, I took a much needed break from my life with a trip back to Taiwan with my Mom. One full month of escapism did some wonders on my confidence, my nerves, and my life. It's been 32 years since I was last back, to see family, and I didn't want to leave when it was time to go! I loved every moment there. However, I don't speak Taiwanese or Mandarin, I wouldn't be able to find a job, or a place to live, so it wasn't feasible to stay - plus my husband threatened (mostly joking) me with a divorce if I did not get on the plane.

In fact, I plan to return in two or three years time, a shorter trip and with my husband, but I do plan to go back.

Now that I'm back, I've been revitalized in my writing and have dug out a couple of old unfinished manuscripts. I've settled on one using Chinese and Taiwanese characters, sort of a combination of current time with some very old traditional ways and beliefs. This story might not get published because a lot of publishers do not want "diversity" or they'll want "whitewashed" characters. Worse, they may consider it "too Chinese" and reject it.

If that's the case, I'll just post it as a free read and move on. At least I'm writing again, and while it's been frustrating, the word counts aren't where I want them to be, I just keep telling myself I'm writing again!

Let me scream it to the universe! I AM WRITING AGAIN!

The title is yet to be determined - I have three options I keep going back and forth with - and currently, I'm on chapter five.

In the meantime, I'm getting my FB author page back into circulation.

http://www.facebook.com/IsobaelLiuAuthor/


If I can just keep the momentum going, I could finish!


0 comments:

Post a Comment