Rabbi Barush Spinoza, a 17th century Dutch philosopher, advocated a daily gratitude practice in which we should ask ourselves three questions in which to help us find more meaning and joy in our lives, and to lead us to profound inner transformation. These questions were:
1. Who or what inspired me today?
2. What brought me happiness today?
3. What brought me comfort and deep peace today?
So, in my effort to make this a daily habit, I will begin today with:
1. Waking up, knowing I was alive, and had a bird to man.
2. My daughter's smile.
3. Knowing my family loves me.