Signed Cover Art

If you'd like to receive a signed cover art postcard, email me at isobael at gmail dot com. Include your name and mailing address and I'll get them in the mail to you.

May 17, 2018

Name one good thing that's happened to you this year...

Name one good thing that's happened to you this year, so far...

December, of last year, I received a very welcome surprise. My Mom and Dad found airline tickets to Taiwan at a reasonable cost. Now, we'd already been planning to travel to Taiwan together, but we'd planned it to be October or November of this year, but one of my dream goals was to go to Taiwan during Chinese New Year, a notoriously expensive time to travel to any Asian country, but somehow, my parents pulled a rabbit from the hat.

Mom and I flew to Taiwan Jan 31st and we spent February rekindling memories (the last time I'd been back was in 1986), visiting with family members, meeting a LOT of new family members, and learning more about my Taiwanese heritage by living it. We split travel and food, but she paid airfare and hotel, as a treat and sort of "inheritance", to build a lasting memory together.

It was wonderful! Exciting, and yet felt like home. I didn't want to leave. We're planning a return trip in two years; with the plan to take my husband with us. If we can swing the cost, of course. They say travel is good for the soul, that everyone should experience traveling to new places and new cultures- but they sure don't make it very easy for people like us to afford it!

So, what good thing has happened to you this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment